What is 5linx com About? Focusing on the MLM business opportunity
- Is it a scam or legit?
- In this article, you will find what your upline will NEVER tell you.
- If not your upline, then what the person trying to recruit you will NEVER tell you
What is 5linx com About?
5links is a multli-level marketing company founded by Craig Jerabek, Jeb Tyler and Jason Guck in 2001. It’s headquarters are in Rochester, New York. It offers products and services people use every day, like nutritional supplements, health insurance, telecommunication and business services.
What Are 5links Products About?
5links offers a wide variety of products that people use every day. I am not going to go into greater depth about their products because I think products offered by any multi-level marketing company appeal to some but not to others. I am interested in talking about the business opportunity.
Are you involved with the 5links business opportunity or is someone trying to recruit you?
Why I Think The MLM Business Opportunity Is A Scam
I have listed all the things that show that any MLM business opportunity is bound to fail. 5links is a multi-level marketing company.
Other Names for MLM Marketing…
- Pyramid Selling
- Network Marketing
- Referral Marketing
The Process Of Becoming An Independent Distributor
- Pay Registration fee – some MLM companies don’t use this but instead ask the distributor to buy a kit
- Annual renewal fee
- Earn certain amount of points a month to earn commissions
- Earn certain qualifying points to maintain a status
- Have product discounts
- Retain profit on product retail sales
What Is The MLM Business opportunity?
In a nutshell you…
- Use and sell products
- Sponsor people into the program
- Attend local business presentations and training
- Promote events to your downlines
- Work with your upline/sponsor
Recruit People, Teach Them To Do The Same And You Get Paid.
- Distributors earn through retail profits,
- personal volume,
- leadership bonuses,
- car bonus etc.
- A distributor must be active each month to qualify for commissions. Being active is about purchasing products and recruiting downlines.
- Each product carries credits and so you have to make a certain number credits each month.
- Some MLM companies don’t use terms like sponsor and dowlines as such. They use fancy titles to impress.
- Making sales and recruiting people through good salesmanship is all part of the business.
- Good salesmanship in MLM usually means pushy
The part that I don’t like
To Impress you before you go out there and be pushy in your social circle, some MLMs will give you a title like
- IBO – Independent Business owner or
- Assistant supervisor
- They imply you can work hard, take control of your life, fire your boss and live large but how real is this?
- You get caught up in the promises and get blinded to what’s really going on.
- The entrepreneurial freedom promise is unattainable because of the structure of the business
- Your business in an MLM is dependent on the few people you know and meet and that is not enough to build a business, ever!
- You will eventually realize you are working tirelessly for nothing
- Some MLM companies will say they are really not an MLM and dress their opportunity with fancy descriptions but as long as your earnings largely depend on recruiting other people, selling the company products and their business opportunity and has a pyramid structure, then you are involved with multi-level marketing
- Check with what is listed below and conclude for yourself if what you are dealing with is an MLM and wasting your time and effort.
- If you want to stay in it because you like the products then that is fine, but know that business wise there are no large sums of money to look forward to for 98% of the distributors.
Here is what Truly Goes on
- Distributors are encouraged to make a list of people and start talking to them about the opportunity.
- You make phone calls, plan meet ups and arrange 3 way calls with sponsors.
- Take prospects to presentations
- No one likes a salesman be it for a product or opportunity and so you become annoying.
- Your friends start to avoid you.
- You become a nuisance at parties!
- You kind of become a parasite preying on everyone you meet including friends’ friends.
- Some distributors really get pushy!
- Word of mouth is a limited way to do business because eventually your business is only about the people you know and those you meet, looking at this picture, where do you grow a huge business from?
- Some MLM companies will not allow you to create a website to advertise their products, while others give you a page from their main website but this does not work because you need to know how to use that page to reach people.
- But the MLM company knows word of mouth is more effective as distributors are trained to be pushy and they actually don’t care about you at all. It’s all about pushing you to sell for them for very little or nothing and this creates HUGE profits for the company. Don’t get caught up in their promises because they are not real.
- In the end distributors earn a bit of money from products recommended to other distributors in their team – it’s difficult to sell outside the network and that makes your business extremely limited.
- Guaranteed – at some point you will run out of people to recruit – end of story!
- Distributors feel trapped after investing some money – we all want to be right, right? So they stick to it longer than they should.
- If you are invested in an MLM hoping to make a living, cut your loses as soon as you realize you are not going anywhere with the opportunity, unless you want to do it as a hobby.
- MLM distributorship leaves a sour taste both socially and financially
Only A Few Are Paraded
- You will have examples of one or two people from each country with large cheques from the business opportunity and these people have tens of thousands of distributors earning very little to nothing. That means the minions are just like the donkeys carrying the heavy load for nothing!
- This is not isolated to one MLM company but it is across the whole MLM industry.
- Year after year you see the same high earners paraded, what’s happening to the rest of the distributors? they are working hard for nothing!
Don’t focus on one source of income. Look at other opportunities or combine them.
- Your success in an MLM is directly dependent on how many distributors you recruit and this is a fact! Buying and selling products does not create residual income.
- This is the reason why your upline or sponsor is on your back all the time. An annoying sequence! Isn’t this what you are trying to get away from a job when creating your own business! Even the boss at your regular 9 – 5 job is not as pushy as an upline!
As An MLM Distributor…
- you spend time looking to recruit others,
- you have a high phone bill,
- you spend time taking people to venues to hear the opportunity!
- you spend money to buy the expensive products!
- YOU SPEND TIME AND EFFORT FOR LITTLE TO NO RETURN!
- I have walked that road. Most distributors walk away worse off financially.
- You get brainwashed into telling a success story that is non-existent in your life or the rest of the distributors around you.
- You are running on hope – to be like one successful upline in a whole region.
- All is not lost though. The training I got with MLMs has helped me to become a better business person till today.
There Is Another Way For Your Effort.
- With MLM business, as soon as you stop selling, your past efforts don’t pay anymore.
- You can learn to set up a real solid business where your effort will pay for years
- Replace recruiting distributors by working smart to create real residual income from your home
- Content is a cash cow that will reward your efforts, not once but it can be for years
- You write it once and it will earn you money while you sleep.
- Residual income with an MLM is impossible because the failure rate is too high. No one can keep up buying those expensive products. A few will, but that is not enough to make residual income
Do Your Research And Get Some Information Before You Sign Up To Any Multi-Level Marketing Company. Information such as
- Ask your sponsor for the terms and conditions of the plan, including:
- the compensation structure
- your potential expenses and see if you can afford it before you fork out money on products and events.
- support for claims about how much money you can make, talk to a lot of distributors and gather your own true picture.
- the name and contact information of someone at the company who can answer your questions
- Find out about refunds
The following guidelines from FTC help you to get the full picture – ask your recruiter questions like…
- How many people have you recruited?
- How long have you been in the business?
- How much time did you spend last year on the business?
- How much money did you make last year — that is, your income and bonuses, less your expenses?
- What were your expenses last year, including money you spent on training and buying products?
- What percentage of your sales were made to distributors?
- How much product did you sell to distributors?
- What are your annual sales of the product?
- What percentage of the money you’ve made — income and bonuses less your expenses — came from recruiting other distributors and selling them inventory or other items to get started?
Who Is 5links For?
I would say the business opportunity is an illusion for
- Anyone who wants to have their own business the easier way, that is,
- no staff,
- no stock,
- delivery taken care of etc
- Being shown how to do it.
- Multi-level marketing seems like a great idea because it takes care of showing distributors how to do the business but you actually don’t have your own business eventually. You become the customer for the MLM company who recruits other customers in the name of business and nothing more.
- 98% of people involved with MLM companies never really make any money.! The idea is an illusion!
Have You Got Enough Of MLM and 5links com?
- are disillusioned
- really want to consider another income stream
- want to make money for real
- want to have your own solid business with an idea of not handling products and everything else taken care of for you and don’t know where to start…
…then consider affiliate marketing.
- This is an idea that is twenty times or even a hundred times better than multi-level marketing!
- You have an opportunity to build your own empire for real
- no uplines and the annoying pushy business
- working from home for real
- No raising capital
What Is The Advantage Of Affiliate Marketing?
- its global and you work with as many companies or products as you like
- Passive income
- You join affiliate programs for free
- You truly work from home – no seminars, events and uplines breathing down your neck
- No customer support
- Don’t need employees
- No production costs
- Don’t need premises
- No packing and shipping
- The biggest plus is that affiliate marketing is a business model that is future bust proof, if one company drops out of business you pick the next successful one or you can work with as many as you like at the same time.
- You don’t bother your friends and family, instead you get a stream of visitors from people interested in what you offer.
- No upline to push you around to go and bother people – you work at your own pace
- You build your own business that is not dependent on recruiting other people – I’m sure by now you realize recruiting people is not easy! Get onto something easier and more fun!
- Get to know what real business, using other people’s products means
Now that you know what is 5links com about and what is the alternative to better utilize your time and effort, the choice is now up to you.