International eBay scam buyers and what they do! Be Informed.
eBay is a great place to earn money online in fact one of the easier ways to make money online. But as with anything else there are international ebay scam buyers who are getting items for free.
What really happens when a seller has sold an item to an international customer and what could go wrong?
We all try to find easier and cheaper ways to sell items on ebay and scammers take advantage of this too.
When you sell an item locally, you can at least go and pick it up if the buyer has a complaint and does not want it. When an international customer does not want your item or says they do not want your item even though they fully intend to keep it, that’s it, there is not much you can do to get your item back. It’s not easy to get your item back, in fact it won’t happen, you lose everything because when the customer launches a complaint with the resolution center, they get their money back from ebay.
Here is a loophole that international scam buyers use to get free items on Ebay.
When you send an international item, you get a tracking number but this number in some destinations can only be traced to the international sort facility. From the sort facility to the recipient there is no tracking. To help you to understand this more, just imagine that you can track your item till it gets to the international county’s post office. After this, there is no tracking. You can only keep your fingers crossed that all goes well.
When an international scammer gets the item, they wait for, maybe two weeks and then they lodge a complaint with the ebay resolution center that they didn’t receive the item. Since there is no proof that they received the item, they get all their money back and they get to keep the item! Infuriating!!! But there is not a thing you can do about it!
All your hard work and time just goes down the drain!
USPS does not have an option for claims for international items shipped via first class or any flat rate options.
Needless to say, you can get the same problem with regional scammers too. They buy an item and when they receive that item, they lodge a complaint with ebay who refunds them and they don’t send back the item, so they get to keep the item and the money!
While most scammers don’t have a PayPal account so they cannot be traced, this one actually opts to pay through PayPal. This is so that officially they register their payment in order to get a refund when they lodge a complaint.
These are really sneaky ones, like one I came across who scammed my friend. The customer won the bid and paid for the item through PayPal. My friend had said for people to pay on collection but this one went ahead and paid through PayPal. And then called and said she would collect the item to save my friend the time and hassle of posting the item.
So the customer collected the item in persons, my friend was happy.
Then the customer wrote to eBay and made a complaint! Ebay refunded her her money! This is obviously a person who is getting items for free from eBay!
The best way to go around this is to have the item registered and insured. This is expensive and a long cycle for most, in the end it’s such a bother! It is always risky to sell items on eBay.
For those of us with a low budget and who can’t afford all that comes with being insured and stuff but still want to do business online I have another option for you.
You can do business with no such risks. I was a direct ebay seller once but now I do business with ebay through their affiliate program. I can still sell things on ebay but I don’t have to handle the physical products myself. This is called affiliate marketing.
You learn to create your own business online and sell products from amazon and ebay and many other places that offer affiliate programs.
You don’t risk your money and effort on a sale that you never get paid on.
The best way is to learn how to do this. Click Here for a full explanation on affiliate marketing and how you can create your own empire online. The link will open in a new tab to allow you to continue reading this post.
There is a place called wealthy affiliate that will teach you from scratch how to do this.
You will be coached, you will be guided and you will be trained from a 100% legitimate platform.
- The Starter Membership Is Free with no credit card details required and you can stay a FREE member for life. Then there is Premium membership for $49 a month.
- As a FREE member you will have a 7-day bonus of FREE access to the Premium membership area to test drive the whole platform.
- FREE member or Premium member, you will get to see how money is made online and this will help you to know how to avoid scams.
- Over 1800 expert coaches for you – you will never lack for help
- You will have 193 countries to do business with
- Wealthy Affiliate has been helping business people for over 12 years since 2005
- Over one million members
- You will have your own business online in no time – you can start right now.
- Have everything you need to build a business under one roof, tools, guidance, support and training
- Step by step easy way to learn how to do it
- Over ten thousand new businesses are built every month, make yours the next one
- You have unlimited resources to make money online and you can sell anything you like
- If you want to know more about wealthy affiliate CLICK HERE otherwise just continue reading for more quick facts.
4 Easy Steps To Make Money Online
Wealthy Affiliate Covers Everything you need.
- From building a website for free
- Learning how to find keywords
- how to write good content for a website, the easier way
- having the wealthy affiliate community by your side 24/7 for support,
- learning how to rank high in google and getting direct visitors to your website for free
- and the process of making money online through your website
What Wealthy Affiliate will do for you – 10 FREE Lessons!
- Little steps to learn, making it easy to understand everything
- Understanding how to make money online
- Choosing your market
- Building a website for that market
- Setting the website up
- Getting that website ready to be found by visitors on internet
- Learning how to market to your market through writing content
- Creating menus on your website
- Learning to find words that people use to search for what they want
- This will show you what happens when building a business on the internet, the true way instead of the way you might fall for scams online. The starter membership is free, with no credit card details required.
It’s Easy To Create Your FREE Account
- Fill in details to create your FREE Account
- Once inside wealthy affiliate write a short introduction of yourself on your profile and add a profile pic – this is important because…
- Wealthy affiliate is about real people and real businesses. When you introduce yourself on your profile, community members can see you are a real person and you will get more assistance. When you don’t fill in your profile you will be like the scammers or scam sites, just another hide-and-seek kind of person and NOT MANY will pay much attention to you or assist you.
- If you are uncomfortable about adding your real picture you can add one of the ones provided, can be your favorite thing, bird, animal, car, flower or the sea AND THEN add a few words about yourself on your profile.
- You will get used to the platform and see how genuine it is and will be comfortable adding your real image at some point.
- Tell people a bit about yourself on your profile, so that members have an idea of how to be of assistance to you.
- Finally, roughly 30 minutes after becoming a member you will get a message on your profile with guidance on where to start – begin your exciting new journey and I wish you success!
Back to where we started
International ebay scam buyers and what they do!
Unfortunately there isn’t much anyone can do to report such scams. Insure and register your items or go for the other option and start your own business online for free. This will help you to have true knowledge about building a business online and avoiding scams. You can read more about this HERE.
Wishing you success online